Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grow in Grace

Over the next few days, I would like to share some things that I believe God has taught me over the course of 2010.

If we are supposed to grow in God's grace and knowledge of Him, I desire to see progress in my life. In addition, I want to grow in my understanding of our times and the world in which we live.

I believe I have grown in my understanding of the basis of prayer. One of the primary reasons I should have confidence in prayer is that God has given every indication that he wants me to pray, and it is his delight to answer requests. The series of messages on Luke 12 had such a strong impact on me. Especially the fact that “it is the Father’s good pleasure to give us the kingdom.” That is a pretty amazing statement. I don’t have to prove my seriousness to him in an effort to arm-twist him into giving me what I am asking for. Rather I need my heart in alignment with his kingdom, not my own.