Sunday, February 27, 2011

A reality check

Sitting on a mat in front of a man who has no knowledge of the biblical teaching concerning the person and work of Jesus, you are confronted with a few things. One of my sole reasons for being thousands of miles away from home and family, was for these kinds of moments. I recognized that this indeed was a moment of privilege for me.

And yet, as I sat there, I was drawn to these bare facts. The message I wanted to share with this new friend was that what a Jewish man had done on a Roman cross nearly 2000 years ago had major relevance to him. I wanted him to know that this Man had made a difference in my life and could make a difference in his life as well. As a matter of fact, his entire life hinged on what that man named Isa (Jesus) had done, and whether he personally believed this message and embraced Isa as his own Savior.

The entire experience reminded me of what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1:18. The message of Jesus Christ is folly to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved, it is the power of God!