Tuesday, September 16, 2008

That time of year again

I was on my front porch this morning, enjoying the beautiful cool weather. Although I know things like the weather shouldn't control my emotions, I don't think the Lord minds the happiness I feel when it is a chilly morning.

It reminded me that fall is coming (hopefully it is here for good). It also reminded me that while the seasons change, God doesn't. It also reminded me that every season marks another time period of life in which God has been faithful and helps me look forward to a new period of time where God will demonstrate his faithfulness again.

It reminds me of a great song...
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!