Saturday, December 27, 2008

08 great books I read in '08

Not in any particular order...
  1. Christless Christianity by Michael Horton - Challenging book that I am still chewing on. I think he is dead on in most of his arguments.

  2. Jesus: Made in America by Stephen Nichols - This was a great read enlightening me as to how our society's perception of Jesus creeps into the church

  3. God at Work by Gene Veith - This gave me an understanding of what God desires from us in our calling and in our occupation.

  4. The Mission of God by Christopher Wright - I love Wright and this gargantuan book made me love God more, love my neighbor more, and understand God's design better.

  5. Created in God’s Image by Anthony Hoekema - This gave me a framework for an understanding of what being made in the image of God is all about.

  6. Whiter than Snow by Paul David Tripp - I read a portion of this almost every Sunday morning.

  7. The Reason for God by Tim Keller - Great apologetics book. Help cement some of my own beliefs in reasonable arguments

  8. Recalling the Hope of Glory by Allen Ross - I discovered my theology and thoughts of worship were way too small when I read this book.