Monday, August 24, 2009

Marriage resources, part 1

This week I am going to highlight a couple of things that have been helpful to me in thinking about marriage. To start off, here are some books that have been useful for me. They have served as a 'tune-up' or as a 'front-end alignment' for my thoughts and practices in marriage.

  • When Sinners Say, "I Do" by Dave Harvey - I have read this through a couple of times and have always benefited from it. Pretty easy read.

  • This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence by John Piper - New book from Piper. Often his writing can be 'varsity' level, but this book he seems to come down from the stratosphere a little bit.

  • Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas - I am about 50 pages into this book, and it has been so encouraging to me, in the convicting 'I-need-to-listen-to-this' kind of way.