Monday, March 15, 2010

Comfort and security

Yesterday, I spoke from Psalm 119 on the issue of where we find our security.

One of our church members sent this from the Heidelberg Catechism. I think it succinctly summarizes my burden from the message.

Q: What is thy only comfort in life and death?

A: That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Savior Jesus Christ, who, with His precious blood, hath fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil; and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head; yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by His Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto Him.