Monday, March 1, 2010

Two things worth doing...

A couple of things that I think an American Christian ought to think about doing... Get a passport, and register to vote

Why these two?

Registering to vote - It strikes me that our freedom in America is a privilege, responsibility, and a stewardship from God. Not every nation is blessed to have the opportunity to participate in the political process as American citizens can. So, being a faithful steward would seem to invite us to at least cast an informed vote as we have opportunity.

Getting a passport - I heard a person encourage Christians to do this once, and I thought it was a great idea. It is in all reality a way to "sit on go" in case God were to ever the open the door for you to serve Him internationally. That would be one less hassle, one less obstacle to your obedience.

I don't think either of these would be 'tests of spirituality,' but I do think they could serve a Christian well. Something worth thinking about.