Monday, June 21, 2010

Glad songs of salvation

I was reading in Psalm 118:14-15, which says that
"The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous."
I was reminded of yesterday's singing in our services where we sang things like...
  • In Christ alone my hope is found.
  • Lead me to the cross, where your love poured out.
  • You alone can rescue, you alone can save.
  • Come ye sinners, poor and needy, weak and wounded, sick and sore. Jesus ready stands to save you, full of pity, love and power.
  • Down at the cross where my Savior, down where for cleansing from sin I cried, there to my heart was the blood applied. Glory to His name.
  • Have you been to Jesus for his cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Surely God is pleased and Christ is honored by glad songs of salvation, sung by those who are His!