Sunday, August 26, 2007

"I just want to move to Delaware NOW"

In a conversation with our 3-yr-old (which can always prove interesting), my wife heard him say, "I just want to move to Delaware NOW." He has no idea (I think) what the next few weeks hold, but I think Shawna and I can join him in the sentiment. We can't wait to see so many new friends, and continue our journey in the place where God has called us to serve. We can't wait to worship with the church. The jury is still out on whether I can honestly say that I "can't wait" to preach three times each Sunday morning, but I am eager to share the Word there, and would much rather have the "3 service" issue, rather than the "nobody comes here anymore" issue! :-)

Anyway, pray for us as we close our ministry at Brainerd Baptist Church in Chattanooga. There are so many people we love here, and our desire is to express that love as best we can. I am afraid a couple of weeks won't be adequate, but God knows our hearts.

We will see you in a couple of weeks, but I will be sharing some thoughts here on the blog in the meantime!


P.S. My shirt was given to me by my favorite Associate Collegiate Minister! :-)