Thursday, May 29, 2008

Coming this summer to OBC

I am looking forward to my first summer in DE for many reasons. I was reminded of one of those reasons today. Stan and I met with Cody Whitaker (a NAMB missionary to Delaware, and part of the OBC family) and two guys from Biltmore Baptist in Asheville, NC.

This July a team of 100+ people from their church (made up mostly of students and some adults) will make their way to our area to serve in Baltimore, Wilmington, and Newark. We will be hosting them at the Ogletown Exchange. It was great to hear the heart of each of these guys as they were planning and strategizing on how to show and share the love of Christ in tangible ways.

What excites me most is that OBC will have an opportunity to partner with them. They will travel hundreds of miles to serve with us because they realize that the gospel should compel us to love God and love our neighbor.

I cannot wait to share some of the details of the partnership, but trust me, I believe that our community and our church will never be the same!