2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.As I read them, I began to be blown away at how Paul communicated something so incredible in a few words.
- Paul prays that Jesus Himself would do all these things. Not an angel, not another person.
- Jesus and God are presented on an equal platform. They are both God.
- God loved us. John 3:16 may be quoted often, but it is always powerful.
- He gave us eternal comfort and good hope.
- The comfort and hope come through the means of God's grace, the undeserved riches of Christ, that are mine because of His death.
- Our hearts can be comforted
- All of this results in the fact that we can have a life filled with good words and good deeds.