Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time to think, time to read, time to pray

Because of a little inclement weather this morning, I had some time alone. I was reminded of how refreshing God's Word is.
  • I read that the Lord is my rock, my fortress, my refuge, my salvation, my stronghold, my God. Wow! (Psalm 18)
  • I need to purpose in my heart to walk in a holy way (Psalm 17)
  • God's sovereign purposes in the life of Jacob, Joseph, and Joseph's brothers are fascinating. What a dramatic story. What a faithful God!
  • The early church (in the book of Acts) seemed to talk and think about the Spirit much more that I do.

I also had some time to pray. Through that time I realized...
  • How valuable the people at Ogletown are (not just to God, but also to me)
  • How difficult some of the situations are in the lives of people who call OBC home
  • How great is the need outside of our church to have lives transformed by God's grace
Anyway, just some thoughts from this morning. Thank you God, for icy, quiet mornings.