Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is it even possible

Is it possible for us to live in a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, but still have unresolved, unrepentant issues with another brother/sister in Christ?

My first inclination is to put up my defenses, and think of how I might have been sinned against, or misunderstood, or essentially have no guilt in a relationship that has gone sour. But, I don't think that I can stop there. I believe that I have to make effort to make sure relationships are reconciled.

Romans 12:18 reminds me of this...
If possible, as much as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
In preparing for this Sunday's message, I ran across the prayer of Paul in Romans 15 which says
May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In harmony with each other, in accord with Christ Jesus. Not separated at all, except for the comma. In other words, God's good plan for Ogletown is a joyful harmony that extends from what we share in Jesus Christ.