Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On the road to Sunday...

Anyone who has ever prepared a talk probably can relate to how I feel on most Tuesday afternoons.

After digging in God's Word, I feel like there is more there than I could possibly share with people in a limited amount of time. I have felt that way reading through 1 John today. I am getting prepared for the LOVE section of our study of In and Out: Love-Know-Speak-Do.

Here is a little gem I picked up from a Bible study guide on 1 John 2:28-3:2 from the GoodBook Company.

In the New Testament Christians are often told:
  • to be what we are: we are children of God so we should show the family likeness;
  • to become what we will be: we will be like God in the new creation, so we should be like Him now.
A little bit deep, but really encouraging.