Thursday, September 3, 2009

The 3 P's

I was reading an article written by Jean Williams and came across the 3 P's that often hinder ministry.

They are pride, perfectionism, and people-pleasing. In pride, I am showing that I love to steal God's glory for myself. In perfectionism, I am showing that although I profess to know grace, I still feel that I have to prove myself. And in people-pleasing, I am showing that I value people's opinion more than God's.

So what can counteract these? Jean suggests these things...
  • For pride: All that I have, I have from God, and it is all for His glory.
  • For perfectionism: I am perfect in God's eyes, clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
  • For people-pleasing: What people think of me doesn't matter; the only thing that matters is what God thinks of me, and he cares about faithfulness, not success.
Some great things to think about.