Monday, April 21, 2008

Not just books. I am broadening my horizons.

Although I love to read (which can be seen by the 10 books I recommend every week to read), I also enjoy a wide variety of music. The word 'variety' might be defined in a later post, but I certainly listen to a lot of Christian music (when I am not listening to preaching podcasts).

One of my favorite worship leaders / singers is Matt Redman. Matt is from the UK, but since I first heard "The Heart of Worship" on an old-school Passion album, I have always been encouraged and challenged by his music. I have had the privilege of watching him lead worship 4-5 times, and have always felt drawn to worship God in a passionate way. I also appreciate his (1) attention to Scripture, (2) ability to write a variety of songs, and (3) humility.

So, here are my favorite Redman songs (the ones that are linked are linked to iTunes and for 99 cents they can be yours).
It is difficult to list my favorites because there are so many others. (Better Is One Day, Father, Let Me Dedicate, Here Is Love, Wonderful Maker, Undignified, God of Our Yesterdays, Let Everything That Has Breath, Facedown, Worthy, You Are Worthy)