Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some books I am reading, some on the horizon

I am reading some great books right now...
  • Who Stole My Church? by Gordon MacDonald - The subtitle is "What to Do When the Church You Love Tries to Enter the 21st Century."

  • Not the Way It's Supposed to Be by Cornelius Plantinga, Jr. - If you want to get a good description of the nature of sin, I know of no better book.

  • Created in God's Image by Anthony Hoekema - This book has been invaluable for the Broken series we are going through on Sunday mornings.

  • God at Work by Gene Edward Veith, Jr. - I wish every person that works, is retired, or doesn't work would read this book. I am sure you will hear more about it later.
And then there are some more that I will be reading soon, if God wills.
  • Solomon Among the Postmoderns by Peter Leithart - I am reading through Ecclesiastes, and this book seems to make some great comparisons to that book and the age we live in.

  • The Call by Os Guinness - Not sure what to expect with this book, but the author has given me some insight in the past.