Monday, October 22, 2007

A good weekend

For many reasons, this past weekend was an enjoyable weekend. In random order...
  1. The weather was beautiful!
  2. I got to go to someone's 80th birthday celebration. (My normal birthday parties are for 3-4 year olds, so this was significantly different.
  3. Sunday's services went well. I enjoyed preaching, I hoped OBC enjoyed listening. :-)
  4. I DID get to play golf on Friday in answer to my unofficial prayer request.
  5. The NFL team from Texas that will remain nameless (but it starts with "D" and ends with "allas") won another game. I could get used to this!
  6. I bought some subs from Wawa. I love those self-serve kiosks. That could be addicting.
  7. The NFL team from just north of here did not fare so well. (Sorry, I couldn't resist picking on the Philly fans.)
  8. I was introduced to a great book that I will share more about later. I am a few pages into it, and think it might be the best book I have read this week!
So, all in all, not too shabby.