Monday, October 15, 2007

Have you ever been to a wedding reception?

Last night, we had our covenant/installation service. If you missed it, it was a great time where OBC and I were challenged in the relationship of pastor/congregation. It was an awesome night for us. It was great to have Jim McBride and David Lee there. The two of them have meant much to OBC through the years, and have already blessed me in great ways (aside from Jim's mention of the Cowboys). Taking the Lord's Supper was a great way to end the series I have been preaching on the gospel. It was also great to enjoy the reception afterwards. Being the good Baptists we are, we had a long line of people waiting for food.

However, I got some distinct reminders of our wedding reception for a couple of reasons...
  1. Shawna and I didn't get to eat any food (except for the piece of cake I ate while no one was looking). However, several kind souls packed us "doggie-bags."

  2. We came home with lots of cards to open. The Ogletown showed their generosity to us, and we are grateful for it. I can honestly say though, that the biggest blessing has been the prayers and words of kindness that the pile of cards represent! (FYI, the gift cards didn't hurt our feelings, either) :-)

  3. What we didn't have at our wedding reception was Canaan, of course. But, last night he went from person to person who had no problem loading him up with all kinds of cupcakes, punch, etc. Thanks a lot guys, I thought you were my friends. :-)
What has blown us away is the kindness that has been shown to us. There is no room for doubt that we are loved, and we feel it. I hope OBC can sense that the love is reciprocal!