Thursday, February 21, 2008

Am I a good example?

In preparing for Sunday's look at Philippians 4, my mind and heart were drawn to verse 9.
What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
So Paul gives four different things for people to emulate in his life. It made me ask some questions about my own life in Christ, and whether I am having an impact on people. So, here are the questions...
  1. Are people learning from me? Am I teaching them? Not just publicly from the platform, but also in regular conversation and interaction.

  2. Are people receiving things from me? Am I giving anything to be received?

  3. Are people hearing me? Am I in a position in their life to be heard, and am I speaking?

  4. Are people seeing me? Am I allowing people close enough to me to be seen.
I don't measure up to that word to the Philippians, Paul. But, thank you, God, for the reminder that I should be giving my life in tangible ways for the gospel!