Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sermon suggestions

When someone offers a suggestion as to what you should preach on, you never know what you might get. However, this was one worth sharing! It was a note I got today from one of the sweet elementary students at our church.
Dear Mr. Hill,
You are very good at your sermons. I learn from them. I have a friend that doesn't follow God. She is very good, but I want her to come to V.B.S. I'm not forcing her. Her mom has a problem too, she doesn't like to leave her daughter anywhere by herself. I do not know what to do. Can you write me back by mail? My home is _________. You could do a sermon about this subject if you want to. God bless you.
Love,
________
Do you want to guess what I will keep in my desk for many years to come? And guess what! I may just do a sermon on that subject.

Thank God for a girl who is desiring to see her friends 'follow God.' God give our entire church that kind of heart.