Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Under the weather

Yesterday, I was a little under the weather, which meant I felt like doing nothing more than either sleeping or staring at the television like a zombie. I did plenty of both. There was a lot of coverage on "Super Tuesday II" on the news networks. FYI, I am a closet political junkie. I went from MSNBC to Fox to CNN, and what do you know, they were all saying the same things, and interviewing the same people. Some of my conclusions (if you don't watch the news much, the names will mean very little to you, and I am not sure that is a bad thing, haha)...
  • These news networks analyze and re-analyze things 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Amazing, and I am pretty sure I don't mean 'amazing' in a good way.
  • I like Tim Russert. Anderson Cooper is growing on me.
  • Sean Hannity kind of bugs me, as does Alan Colmes, as does Keith Olbermann.
  • I got a kick out of Brokaw's monotone.
  • Dick Morris gives me the creeps. I don't know why, ...well, maybe I do.
  • It is fascinating to hear Karl Rove's political assessment. Like him or hate him, it is still fascinating. I think that about James Carville as well.
  • Chris Matthews yells a lot.
  • Shepard Smith always seems to smile like he knows something that I don't.
  • CNN had some awesome touch screen stuff last night that John King was using. Pretty neat.
  • Larry King is not my favorite. Greta isn't either. Neither is Tucker. I reach for the remote when I see any of them.
  • Colbert and Stewart are hilarious, but way too crude and oftentimes borderline (or over the top) blasphemous.
  • Everyone on the news has an agenda. Unfair statement? Probably, but it sure seems true.
I try to stay out of politics from the pulpit, but the media seem to be fair game.