Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunday morning follow-up

The results of Sunday's messages are pictured here. This is the desk I came into this morning.

I just wanted to let you know that I had several volunteers who asked to serve their pastor in enjoying pleasure from the remaining Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (not the miniatures, white chocolate, dark chocolate, etc.).

Some of the statements were a little harsh...
  • "There is PLEASURE in giving things away. Why didn't you try to experience that pleasure?"
  • "Why don't you share the PB cups with missionaries?" This request sounds noble, but it was made by a missionary. Hmmmm. A little self-serving I think.
  • "Hey, I thought you were going to give them away as we left today!"
  • "Are you really going to eat 3 packs?" Good question. let me think. hmm. Uh, YES!
  • "PB Cups and Pepsi together? Gross!" They were just jealous.
  • "I will be glad to eat the rest of those, pastor." This came from one of our fine students.
  • "Uh, I brought my own candy to church. So, I ate it when you were eating yours!" Another one of our fine students!
All in all, it was a pleasurable Sunday.