Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The God Who...

I was reading in Deuteronomy this morning. I think I grow in my appreciation of that book every time I read it. Chapter four seemed to really challenge my heart today. Two verses stand out from that chapter.
(7) For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the Lord our God is to us, whenever we call upon him? (8) And what great nation is there, that has statutes and rules so righteous as all this law that I set before you today?
So, this is the God we have. According to these verses we have a God who hears and a God who speaks. Is it any wonder that followers of God (and His Son Jesus) have continually stressed the need for prayer and Bible intake.

These are not just religious disciplines. They are connected to the very character of God!