Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Meditating on Scripture

Meditation can sound intimidating. We often put it in a category of "things we might do at a yoga class." And yet, Scripture speaks of meditation in a normal, real way, without some spooky sense to the word. Listen to what the Psalmist says
I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. - Psalm 119:15

I was reading a book called Open Heart, Open Home, and it suggested some questions for meditation.
  1. What is the main truth of this verse?

  2. What other Scripture can I find to illuminate this verse?

  3. Is there any word or part of this verse that I do not understand?

  4. Is there a command or word of advice here to obey?

  5. Is there a good example to follow?

  6. Is there a sin or mistake to avoid?
I will share some more Bible meditation questions another day.