Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scripture and impact

All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable, so says 2 Timothy 3, but sometimes particular Scriptures stand out in my mind and challenge my heart. They have come up in conversations and in prayers. A few of those recently have been...

  • Romans 15:14-21 - This has given me more insight into how Paul viewed pastoring and ministry.
  • Psalm 118 - The allusions to Palm Sunday and Matthew 21 are so encouraging.
  • Psalm 119:32 - This verse shared with me by someone this week. I am using it as a platform for prayer for our church corporately and myself as well.
  • Deuteronomy 4:7-8 -I mentioned these verses before, but I am still grateful that God speaks and that God is near!
  • James 1:5 - This has been a regular part of my prayers in recent days.
  • Jeremiah 29 - Jeremiah tells the Jews exiled in Babylon to seek the peace of the city. That certainly has an application for us.

I couldn't help but sharing! Are there some Scriptures that have impacted you recently? Feel free to comment!