- Praying earnestly for God’s blessing on others, the leader and myself.
- Depending upon the Holy Spirit to illuminate the Scriptures.
- Looking to God to speak to me personally.
- Approaching the Bible in true humility, not to criticize but to be criticized by God’s Word.
- Avoiding preaching sermonettes to the group.
- Endeavoring to participate whenever I can in sharing thoughts or by asking questions.
- Not monopolizing the study in talking too much.
- Giving loyal support to the leader and encouragement to others.
- Being ready, with grace and humility, to agree to differ from others.
- Never discussing adversely the leader or other members of the group in their absence.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Small group or Sunday School class primer
One of the things that I think would be a BIG help for the people of OBC is to be involved in some smaller group of believers organized and prepared to share God's Word and to share life together. I came across some helpful suggestions if you are in such a group.