Friday, April 3, 2009

Palm Sunday

A couple thoughts on this Friday morning...

26 years ago to the day (It was Easter Sunday), I was baptized as a follower of Jesus Christ. I still have some memories of that morning, even though I was pretty young. I am grateful that God's grace worked in my heart at a young age, drew me to see the need for clear forgiveness of my sin, and pushed me to trust in God's Son as my righteousness. I am also grateful that it was the Holy Spirit pushing, not my parents. My parents were there guiding my heart, but not rushing the grace-filled work in my life. My need for the gospel seems to grow over time, and so does my appreciation of it.

This coming Sunday will be a special Sunday at OBC.
  • It is Palm Sunday, and we will remember the entry that Jesus had into the city of Jerusalem.

  • We will be looking at the stories of Daniel in the Lion's Den and Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego (actually I prefer Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah).

  • My mom will be here. (always a little added pressure when the parents are in town) :-)

  • Tyler and Jenny Somers will be leading our 9:00 service (and having a concert at the OEX Sunday evening)

  • We will be celebrating Communion.

  • I will be saying something in the introduction of my sermon on Daniel 3 and 6 that I have NEVER said before in a sermon.
Can't wait to see you here.