Friday, November 6, 2009

I am thankful for my wife

Without question, the best thing that happened to me (this side of Jesus and eternal life) was marrying Shawna.

I am thankful for her parents. I am privileged to have godly in-laws. But I am also grateful for so many things about her...
unpretentious love for Jesus, sensitive conscience, ability to nurture our children, patience with my job/calling/ministry, humble spirit, creative and artistic ability, desire for obedience, flexibility, patience with me in general, a great home-keeper, a super teacher, sacrificial

also, she is not (or at least hardly ever)
a person who runs late, high maintenance, moody, domineering, prideful, boring

No one is perfect, so they say, but I think Shawna is as close as you can come. She embodies the fruit of the Spirit, and I am overwhelmed that God brought us together.