Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I am thankful for vets

I was listening to sports radio on the way to work this morning, and one of the people being interviewed spoke of one of the most outstanding qualities of veterans and their families. That quality is selflessness. In reading about veterans from several American wars, I always come away impressed at their bravery, their ingenuity, and their leadership. But, I also am impressed greatly by their selflessness as well.

The sacrifice of many men and women (and their families) has given us so many freedoms. One of the greatest of these is the ability to worship as the people of God without fear of harassment or punishment. Thank God on this Veteran's Day for those who make such sacrifices.

My prayers are with several friends who are overseas serving our country, as well as many Americans that I don't know!