Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am thankful for...

I thought it might be worthwhile to take some time over the days of this month to post what I am grateful for. The list could undoubtedly work its way into 2012, but I will have to be content with a few.

I am grateful to God for the "good news" that He made me to see and understand, and then believe and be changed by. I have heard of Jesus nearly my entire life, but it does seem that I have grown in my appreciation for what Jesus Christ did on the cross for me and my sin. It seems like lately God has regularly brought me to the place of "surveying the wondrous cross."

I could be without hope. I could have a miserable life. I could be spiritually dead in sin. I could be without God in this world. I could be enslaved. I could be an unbeliever. I could be blind to what Christ has done. I could care less.

But, I am grateful for God's work of grace in my life.