Monday, June 30, 2008

The church is bigger than you think

The Church Is Bigger Than You Think. That is the title of a book I read at the recommendation of our associate pastor, Stan. The book is really talking about God's worldwide mission and the church, but I was thinking about the fact that the church is bigger than I think, even here in Newark.

In the short time I have been here, I have been blessed by many church leaders (pastors and others) reaching out to me personally, and our congregation as a whole. I am sure I will miss a few, but here are several of them.
Hockessin Baptist
Evangelical Presbyterian - Newark
Love of Christ - Bear
Faith Baptist - Pike Creek
Bible Fellowship - Newark
Brandywine Valley Baptist - Wilmington
Red Lion Evangelical Free - Bear
Mission Fellowship - Middletown
Newark Church of the Nazarene
Hope Community - Newark
First Alliance - Wilmington
Bethany Baptist - Newport

So often we think we are on an island, and yet God is up to something in New Castle County that is much bigger than we think!