Saturday, November 10, 2007

Learning the Ropes of UD

As long as I am a "Hill," I am not sure I will bleed anything but Sooner Crimson and Cream. (Even the OU fight song says, "Sooner born, and Sooner bred, and when I die, I'm Sooner dead.) However, I think I have picked up a new football team, who fortunately plays in a different conference/division than OU.

Today, I was invited to see the Blue Hens, excuse me, the Fightin' Blue Hens play. Although the result was disappointing, the game was amazing, featuring 5 overtimes. Unbelievable. I was also so impressed that Joe, the quarterback, took time to sign autographs and jerseys for kids after the game. I know losing was a heartbreaker, and yet I think he put the game in its proper place, and made a lot of little kids' day by not just going to the locker room. (By the way, my son has already said he will play football for the Blue Hens someday - lookout for him in 2023). So, I won't renounce allegiance to OU, but I think I have a new team to cheer for in addition.

Oh yeah, I also am pumped up to cheer for the Blue Hens in volleyball. They have had an awesome season (28-4, so far), won their conference for the regular season, and I have been introduced to a couple of the team members who have been coming to Ogletown (Go Megan and Colleen!).

Great times! I'm glad I'm here.