Thursday, November 8, 2007

A great resource

There are some great resources on the internet. One particular person who has been an encouragement to me is Sam Storms (he leads Enjoying God Ministries). He is a blogger, but he also has written books on some great subjects. They have been helpful to me. His website has a lot of resources that I think you could profit from. You can also subscribe to his newsletter. I wanted to give a snippet of today's email newsletter. I won't post it all, but will try to whet your appetite for more.
Knocked Down, but Not Out (November 8th)
Last night I spoke briefly with a long time friend who is facing yet another round of intense treatments for a recurring brain tumor. The dosage level of pain medication which he requires simply to survive each day is almost incomprehensible. When I got off the phone, visibly shaken, Ann asked me how he was doing. It seemed only fitting to answer: “He’s afflicted in every way, but not crushed; quite obviously he and his family are perplexed, but not driven to despair; I’m not sure if he feels persecuted but I know he doesn’t feel forsaken; he’s certainly been struck down, but just as certainly not destroyed.”
You will be blessed by subscribing!