Sunday, November 11, 2007

Could've, Would've, and Should've

Could've, Would've, and Should've. That is the essence of how I feel after a Sunday many days. There is SO MUCH in Scripture that I feel like I can't emphasize it all. And then about 1:00pm in the afternoon, I will think to myself, "That's how I should have said it!" Oh well, too late. No do-overs or mulligans in preaching. So, if I had to do today's message all over again, I might emphasize a couple more things:
  1. Meeting God through Jesus is described in John 14:7. Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him." He doesn't know of a way. He IS the way to God.

  2. The utter inability of ours to keep God's rules, or the rules we make up, or the rules others make up for us to keep.

  3. That Colossians passage was too good for me read it so quickly. What passage was that? Just read the entire book. It's worth the time.

  4. I think I could have explained more clearly the parallel to the marriage relationship that God has with us (His bride).
All in all, I thought God was gracious to us today at Ogletown. He allows an imperfect preacher the privilege of opening His word and explaining it to His people (thank you God). Jeff and his crew, and Tyler/Jenny and their crew allowed us to express our hearts in music. I am so thankful God has given us music!

Anyway, avoid rule-keeping righteousness this week like the plague! I am still preaching, huh!