Monday, December 31, 2007

God, would you open doors for your word!?

For those of you who were at OBC yesterday, you remember (hopefully) that I have asked our congregation to take the next seven days (beginning yesterday) to pray for God to open doors for His word to be shared. I was encouraged last night when I spent some time with some of the OBC family, that a prayer was offered to God for open doors!

In review, pray that God would open doors by...
  1. Putting people in a position to hear
  2. Allowing them to understand the message
  3. Giving them faith and repentance
Those are the things that only God can do!

I did not get to share some of these verses in all of the services yesterday, so here are some specific "open door" passages.

Acts 14:27 And when they arrived and gathered the church together, they declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.

1 Corinthians 16:8-9 But I will stay in Ephesus until Pentecost, for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.

2 Corinthians 2:12-13 When I came to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ, even though a door was opened for me in the Lord, my spirit was not at rest because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I took leave of them and went on to Macedonia.

2 Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you,