Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The People You Meet and the Books You Read

Here is a quote I read...
You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read. - attributed to Charles Jones
I think that the quote is a little simplistic. For instance, an illness could change us into a different person. A personal tragedy could impact us significantly. Also, a change in our relationship with God could transform us into a different person.

However, I think there is some truth to the statement. We are heavily influenced by people and books. So, I thought I would begin in the near future some blog posts about "Books I Have Read" and "People I Have Met." I think it's a great exercise for us to evaluate who and what has influenced us for good or for bad.