Sunday, December 9, 2007

Unwind and rewind

Every Sunday is special, but today stands out for several reasons...
  1. I missed preaching a bunch, but...

  2. I enjoyed Greg and Blake sharing about joy.

  3. I got to sit by my wife during the sermon.

  4. I got to hear the choir/instrumentalists preparing for next Sunday night. The music was great. I can't wait.

  5. I got to hang out with some of our high school students tonight. Good times.

  6. Another person joined our church, and a boy expressed his faith in Christ and his desire to be baptized.

  7. I found out that half the church eats at the Border Cafe for lunch.

  8. I got a chuckle out of the fact that the Advent candles wouldn't light in the 11:00 service. What do they say about the "best laid plans?" Oh well.

  9. I met tons of people new or fairly new to Ogletown.

  10. The tours of the new facility went well, I think. I caught the tail end of a couple. Chilly, but encouraging!
Oh well, I am not sure how good I am at unwinding on Sunday, but I am so glad God has us here, and I cannot wait until next Sunday.