In college I took Greek for five semesters (It was my minor). For each of the five, I learned Greek from Dr. Barnhart. He was one of the best teachers I have had in any course of study, period. What made him such a great teacher? Among other things...
- His knowledge and love for the subject.
- His constant attempts to make Greek understandable.
- His sense of humor.
- His tough exams which made me make sure I knew the subject, not just memorized facts.
- He made sure to show us how we could use Greek in future study and ministry.
- He made an old school textbook work in a contemporary setting.
- He taught us how to think, not just what to think.
My college Greek textbooks (in case you wanted to know. I am sure you are on the edge of your seat):