Monday, January 28, 2008

Something for nothing

This weekend I had the privilege of eating at a restaurant that will be opening soon. One of our OBC members is the general manager.** I had received a special invite there, but there were a couple of caveats to the meal.
  1. The meal was free.
  2. The staff were being trained, so a disclaimer was made that service might be a little slow.
  3. The menu was somewhat limited.
  4. The place was packed.
  5. Did I mention the meal was free?
So, how did it go? It was great. EVERYONE seemed to be in a good mood. The place was packed out, and everybody seemed to be smiling. It reminded me that getting something for nothing seems to have the natural result of making people happy.

Just FYI, the 'big-mouth burgers' are aptly named. And, when it came time for dessert, guess who said, "Sure! I'll have some!" This was in total disregard to my sermon that suggested that we practice self-control. :-)

Full disclosure: The restaurant is Chili's across from Wal-Mart in Elkton. I think it opens this Thursday night.


**By the way, if you are a general manager and would like to get a mention on the blog, just let me know when I can stop by for a free meal! Just kidding.