- Seeing the slides of the history of Ogletown Baptist.
- Listening to Marvin Ford and Otis Doherty, former pastors of OBC, at the banquet. They are men of great faithfulness.
- Seeing the OEx change from a banquet hall into a worship venue with the help of many OBC'ers. Great job.
- The buses from Biltmore Baptist rolling into the parking lot (150 people!). I don't know if there could be a more joy-filled, servant-minded group in the world. Thanks guys for coming to the cool Mid-Atlantic.
- Hearing our congregation sing, "The Power of the Cross" this morning.
- Being reminded of the Hill family heritage by my dad's and mom's Bible.
- Seeing the look on Canaan's face when he looked at the pig that had been roasted.
- Downing 10 bottles of water at the picnic.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
50 years in the books
There were too many highlights from this weekend (our 50th anniversary weekend) to write them all down, but here are a few that come to mind...