Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Why do I need to..., part three

We are going to look at one more "Why Do I Need to_____" questions.

This week the question will be, "Why do I need to forgive?" I cannot wait to share with you the things that God has brought to my attention. I have never appreciated my forgiveness from God more than I have this week. I have never understood it like I do having spent some time meditating on the subject.

Just a few of the passages of Scripture and resources that have been helpful to me this week:
  • Matthew 18
  • Ephesians 4:32
  • When Sinners Say 'I Do' by Dave Harvey
  • The Reason for God by Tim Keller (especially his chapter on the true story of the cross)
  • What's So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey
  • Love in Hard Places by D.A. Carson
  • Whiter Than Snow by Paul David Tripp (this has been out less than a week)
I cannot wait to share with the OBC family the blessings of knowing that we are forgiven, and the hope and strength we have in Christ to forgive others.

Pray that God would use His Word to shape our hearts!