- Eating real Southern BBQ (prepared by our friends at Eastaboga Baptist) in the 'pre-game' meal.
- Talking through our plans to move our congregation to two services beginning in September, and what that will mean for us as a church. Jeff did an incredible job of helping us understand the audio and visual needs of the space at Ogletown Exchange. I am grateful for his sacrificial use of time.
- Watching Stan lead our congregation in hand motions to help us understand his burden for making disciples here at OBC. I am pretty sure that is the first Baptist business meeting where that has ever been done.
- Thinking through the implications of the passage of 1 Corinthians 12:12-28. We all truly are members of the body of Christ.
- Hearing what God is doing in the immediate community, as well as in our county, and region.
- Realizing that God continues to bless OBC with people who generously give to meet the needs of our budget as well as supplying resources for our expansion project, and other needs that arise. He is a faithful God!
- Seeing some from our community playing basketball at Ogletown Exchange, and also feeling the excitement of our members about our opportunity to influence their lives. Great stuff.
- Listening to Connie's excitement in talking about some new environments for Sunday School beginning in September.
- Watching as people talked and shared after the meeting. I love seeing God's people enjoy each other's company. Truth be told that doesn't always happen after business meetings.
- Hearing the worship team preparing for Sunday's gathering in the 'post-game' activities. We are in for a great day for our 50th Anniversary.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Meeting last night
Some of my favorite parts of last night's business/members/family meeting.