Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lookin' forward to Sunday

This coming Sunday, we are going to be enjoying celebrating our Communion with God because of Christ.

Also, we are going to look at the subject of confession. I have already gone through a great deal of emotions/feelings (guilt, sorrow, forgiven, relief) in reading through the texts we might look at on Sunday. I believe Sunday could be a step toward realizing God's grace in amazing way.

Here are some of the texts I have been reading in preparation...

Three thoughts I cannot get past (you might hear these again):
  1. We often (in the church) create and encourage a culture of cover-up rather than confession. (This is not original with me, but I have been gripped by the analysis since I heard it)
  2. Our instinct is to cover-up our sins. We often deceive ourselves in this area.
  3. The irony is that we have a choice: we can either cover-up our sins, or experience God's grace in covering our sins. (i.e. Psalm 32)