They are different because...
- Obviously, I have gotten to spend more time (even if its only been by blog or email) with many in the church than I had before
- I am not coming off a weekend of several meetings
- I will come to church from a house, not a hotel
But, in many ways it is similar to each time I open God's word and teach because...
- I have great confidence in the Word
- I recognize a great dependence on the Spirit
- I sense my (many) inadequacies, but God's overwhelming sufficiency
- I absolutely cannot wait to share what God has taught me over the last several weeks.
As I said, there are similarities and differences, but I am glad that this Sunday has (almost) arrived. I am praying that God would give us a great day being changed by the Word, encouraged by the fellowship, and sharpened by his Spirit.