Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Evening Post

Although Monday was my first "day on the job," I have to admit that being here for Sunday services makes it seem more official. Some thoughts on the first Sunday...
  1. The sunrise this morning was incredible. I got to see the church with the sunrise in the background. Thank you God for the blessing of creation.

  2. Baptizing 4 people was such a treat for the first Sunday.

  3. There are a lot of people that come through these doors on Sunday.

  4. There is so much more I wanted to say in this morning's message. I guess it is good that (Lord willing) I am going to be here for a while.

  5. I had to remind myself of the gospel even between services! God is good to sinners!

  6. From the person who unlocked the doors, to the person who helped me out with the details of baptizing, to the people who parked and greeted those who came, to the ones who watched the kids, to the deacon who made sure I was taken care of, OBC is blessed to have so many servants. I am blessed to be here.

  7. I felt once again very grateful to be the pastor here.
Oh well, my favorite team (I will not disclose who that is for fear of a voting recount on my being called as pastor) is playing Sunday night football. I will blog more later.